1. BigOven API
The BigOven API is BigOven's service that allows approved licensees to retrieve and display certain data ("BigOven Data")
The BigOven API consists of an application program interface (API, found at http://api.bigoven.com) for retrieving various BigOven Data, grouped generally into calls to retrieve data found on BigOven’s proprietary recipe service (found at http://www.bigoven.com) and BigOven’s affiliated websites.
BigOven may release subsequent versions of the BigOven API and require you to obtain and use the most recent version. New versions may not be compatible with previous implementations.
2. License to BigOven API & Data
This license is subject to the following restrictions:
- All calls to the BigOven API must reference the APIKEY and your BigOven User ID issued to you as an approved licensee.
- You agree to keep the APIKEY confidential, and not to share it with any third party. This license is personal to you; any third party, even your affiliates, must seek and obtain their own license and APIKEY.
- You may present BigOven Data only on a transactional basis. You are not permitted to store (or "cache") BigOven Data locally unless specifically negotiated and approved in writing by us.
- You agree that you will provide the BigOven Data to users on "as is" terms, with disclaimers substantially equivalent to those set forth in Sections 7 and 8.
- You will not permit your users to access BigOven Data in bulk, only on a transactional basis.
- You may not retain any copies of BigOven Data for more than 30 minutes, and may only cache for short-term (30 minute or less) performance reasons.
- You may not resell or rent BigOven Data, though you can charge for applications which access the BigOven Data on a transactional basis.
- Your license to BigOven Data is limited to making direct server calls to BigOven.com for BigOven Data and to distributing BigOven Data to your end user on your Web site(s) and/or Application(s) immediately upon receipt by your servers.
- You may not present the BigOven Data (or permit BigOven Data to be presented) so that it appears to be available from a third party Web site.
- You further agree not to otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the BigOven API or any data provided by BigOven. For example, you may not screen scrape the content or modify / "search and replace" the data that is presented to you. This includes but is not limited to hyperlinks, text, images, logos, copyright messages, and other content -- it must be preserved in full. Feel free to contact us if in doubt, or to request a modified presentation of the data.
- You may not use the BigOven APIs in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume, constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the BigOven API documentation located within http://api.bigoven.com/, as determined by BigOven in its sole discretion.
- You are limited to one thousand (1,000) calls to the BigOven API per day.
- You may not use the BigOven APIs in connection with or to promote any products, services, or materials that constitute, promote or are used primarily for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware, or other malicious programs or code, counterfeit goods, items subject to US embargo, hate materials (e.g. Nazi memorabilia) or materials urging acts of terrorism or violence, goods made from protected animal/plant species, recalled goods, hacking/surveillance/interception/descrambling equipment, cigarettes, illegal drugs and paraphernalia, unlicensed sale of prescription drugs and medical devices, pornography, prostitution, body parts and bodily fluids, stolen products and items used for theft, fireworks, explosives, and hazardous materials, government IDs, police items, unlicensed trade or dealing in stocks and securities, gambling items, professional services regulated by state licensing regimes, non-transferable items such as airline tickets or event tickets, non-packaged food items, weapons and accessories.
3. License to BigOven Brand & Links
You agree, and BigOven grants you a non-exclusive license, to implement the BigOven name, logo(s), and links to BigOven.com (the "BigOven Brand & Links") on any Web page incorporating the BigOven API and/or BigOven Data, solely in connection with your use of the BigOven API and in accordance with the BigOven Branding Requirements.
4. Acceptable Use
You agree not to use the BigOven API, BigOven Data, or BigOven Brand & Links in any way that is unlawful, or harms BigOven, its service providers, its suppliers, your end users, or any other person.
5. Limited Relationship
Neither the name of BigOven nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from the BigOven API or BigOven Data without specific prior written permission of BigOven.
7. No Warranty
BIGOVEN PROVIDES THE BIGOVEN API, BIGOVEN DATA, AND BIGOVEN BRAND & LINKS "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BIGOVEN AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. BIGOVEN AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
8. LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
9. Intellectual Property
The BigOven API, BigOven Data, and BigOven Brand & Links and all intellectual property rights therein are the property of BigOven and its licensors. © 2007-2009 Lakefront Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
11. Fees and Payments
BigOven reserves the right to charge fees for future use of or access to the BigOven APIs or the BigOven services and Web sites (collectively, "BigOven APIs Services") in BigOven's sole discretion. If BigOven decides to charge for the BigOven API, such charges will be disclosed to you in advance.
BigOven may change, suspend or discontinue the BigOven API and suspend or terminate your use of the BigOven API, BigOven Data, and/or BigOven Brand & Links at any time for any reason, without notice. You may also terminate by ceasing to use the BigOven API, BigOven Data, and BigOven Brand & Links, removing implementation of the BigOven API from your Web site(s), Application(s) and deleting all copies of the BigOven Data and BigOven Brand & Links.
13. Choice of Law; Disputes
Linking and Branding Guidelines
We require that you adhere to our branding requirements, as follows:
The following output elements must be present, and link to BigOven.com using the standard linking format on your site, with the appropriate links from the API results.
Logos and Branding
Please refer to our Logos and Branding Guidelines.